Some of the most important public holidays in Cyprus are the Easter Holidays which are movable and for every year they are on a different date. Easter Saturday night massive bonfires are lit outside the local churches and the whole community will gather there at midnight to celebrate. If you are visiting Cyprus at this time, it is a spectacular you will want to make the effort to experience and enjoy also.
Kataklysmos (festival of the sea) is also well worth visiting and Paphos seafront will be full of stalls and entertainment for the whole week, spectacular atmosphere in the evenings.
Cyprus Public Holidays 2023
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, January 1st 2023
- Epiphany – Friday, January 6th 2023
- Green Monday – Monday, February 27th 2023
- Greek Independence Day – Saturday, March 25th 2023
- Cyprus National Day – Saturday, April 1st 2023
- Orthodox Good Friday – Friday, April 14th 2023
- Orthodox Easter Sunday – Sunday, April 16th 2023
- Orthodox Easter Monday – Monday, April 17th 2023
- Easter Tuesday – Tuesday, April 18th 2023 (Banks only)
- Labour Day – Monday, May 1st 2023
- Pentecost Monday (Kataklysmos) – Monday, June 5th 2023
- Assumption Day – Tuesday, August 15th 2023
- Cyprus Independence Day – Sunday, October 1st 2023
- Greek National Day (Ochi day) – Saturday, October 28th 2023
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25th 2023
- Boxing Day – Tuesday, December 26th 2023
Many shops, banks, government offices and other services close during public holidays, so it’s best to know the dates in advance. Almost all shops, restaurants, bars etc in the tourist areas will remain open during the holidays, but it is always better to check beforehand just to be sure.